How To Get To The Cottage
Les Deux Sabots is located in the pretty village of Bréel in Normandy, northern France. While Bréel is within minutes of bakers and butchers’ shops for your basics, a car is recommended for this beautiful but rural area.
Ferry / Eurotunnel
Dover to Calais crossings as low as £23.50* each way (booking charge applies)
Catch the P&O ferry from Dover to Calais – www.poferries.com
- Portsmouth to Caen with Brittany Ferries – www.brittanyferries.com
- (book via this link and save 20% on your travel cost:- (https://www.holidayfrancedirect.co.uk/holiday-rentals/NO004996/index.htm)
- Crossings to Cherbourg, Le Havre and St Malo also serve the Normandy region.
- The Eurotunnel from Folkstone to Coquelles costs from £59* each way – www.eurotunnel.com
Bréel is about a four hour drive (240 miles) from Calais / Coquelles. But the journey is part of the fun. Take the day and visit places along the way!
*Prices and discounts correct as of January 2019
The nearest station to Bréel is Flers (about 20 minutes drive), which is on the main line to Paris. You would need a car from Paris to drive the three hours or so to the cottage, or to drive from the station at Flers (which is about 20 minutes away.)
- Fly to Dinard Airport from London Stansted, East Midlands or Guernsey – www.dinard.aeroport.fr/uk
- Deauville Airport from London Stansted – en.deauville.aeroport.fr
For more travel information visit – www.normandie-tourisme.fr/normandy-tourism